Laptop Buying Guide
Indeed buying it is very easy. Just have to make money, pick what kind of stuff you want and keep buying. But, in contrast to buying a laptop. The mistake of choosing a laptop will invest your money if it does not meet your needs. To know how to choose a good and quality laptop, please read our article to the end.
Laptop Buying Guide
You do not have to waste time learning the new operating system.
Most laptops today come with one of the operating systems:
Mac OS X (MacBooks)
Windows operating system is still the choice of most laptop users followed by each one by iOS, Android, Macintosh, Chrome OS and others.
Windows 10 is the latest version of Microsoft’s giant enterprise operating system.
Since it was launched in July 2015, Windows 10 was able to use follow-up questions with Cortana, searching for natural language e-mail and using stylus for writing almost anywhere.
Examples of these operating systems are as follows:
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 10
Chrome OS is an operating system designed by Google based on the Linux kernel and uses Google Chrome’s web browser as its primary user interface.
If you see this Chrome operating system, most user interfaces are like Windows operating systems.
It can be used to surf the internet, check emails, social network navigation and chat online.
The obvious disadvantage of this operating system is that “web apps” do not work well if you do not use the internet.
Apple Mac OS
All MacBooks come with Apple’s latest desktop operating system, MacOS Sierra.
Overall, this operating system offers functionality similar to Windows 10, but with different views on the interface replacing “apps dock” at the bottom of the screen for Microsoft’s Start menu and taskbar.
If Windows 10 is Cortana, Mac users have Siri. Among the advantages of this operating system is that it can transact with Apple Pay, take calls or text from the phone and unlock the laptop with Apple Watch.
However, MacOS is not made for touch functionality, as no MacBook comes with touch screen.
This operating system is suitable for people who are concerned with quality and performance. Prices are usually quite expensive compared to Microsoft Windows and Chrome OS operating systems.
Traditional or 2-in-1 Laptops?
Currently there are many 2-in-1 laptops as opposed to traditional laptops.
Many refer to this 2-in-1 laptop as a hybrid laptop. Among the advantages is that the screen can be removed from the keyboard and there is also a 360-degree back-to-back.
Happy 2-in-1 talk is laptops and tablets combined in a lightweight mobile device.
Which one is better? Traditional laptop or 2-in-1 laptops?
If I feel at your place, take this 2-in-1 laptop.
When you’re ready to play, you just have to remove the screen or 2-in-1 fold into tablet mode to:
- Watching film
- Playing game
- Read an eBook
This makes it easier to transfer files and photos. Also, it’s very easy to change mods quickly:
- Switched from laptop to tablet
- Stand alone or in display configurations- take just one simple touch, click or dialing.
What are the advantages of this 2-in-1 laptop?
No matter if you feel at work or at home, your computing needs may change overnight.
You can use your device in laptop mode to type documents, develop spradsheets or edit images and videos.
Then, if you’re tired of the gods, just turn them around to watch movies or play games-all in one easy motion.
You want to walk away but are not sure what device to carry? Laptop only or carry a tablet once?
Do not squeeze your head, 2-in-1 laptops make it easy to pick up only one device. More productive and fun when you’re out of town.
Believe it or not, investing in 2-in-1 laptops is much cheaper than buying these two laptops and tablets separately.
Laptop Screen Features:
The size of the laptop screen is available from about 11 to 17 inches.
Large screen is perfect for playing games, watching movies, editing pictures and videos and viewing documents side by side.
You should remember, usually if you choose a large screen, then the size, weight and overall power consumption of the laptop also increase.
Let’s look at the example screen sizes below:
- 11 “-12”: Laptops are thin and light. It’s easy to carry anywhere.
- 13 “-14”: Laptop that is balanced in terms of mobile and usability.
- 15 “: The size of the laptop screen is popular among laptop users in Malaysia weighing about 2kg-3kg.
- 17 “-18”: Laptops that are often used for editing images, videos and playing games. Usually a laptop that has a screen like this is quite heavy and is suitable for those who rarely carry the laptop out of the house.
Laptop screen comes in various resolutions (measured in pixels, horizontally, vertically):
- HD: The 1366 x 768 resolution is standard on the mainstream laptop. Good for surfing web, email and basic computing tasks.
- HD +: 1600 x 900 resolution suitable for casual gaming and DVD movie viewing.
- Full HD: The 1920 x 1080 resolution allows you to watch blu-ray movies and play video games.
- Retina Display (Retina Display): Resolution 2304 x 1440, 2560 x 1600 and 2880 x 1800 included in Apple 12 “, 13.3” and 15.6 “displays respectively.
- QHD (Quad HD) and QHD +: With 2560 x 1440 and 3200 x 1800 resolutions respectively, the extremely high pixel density creates sharp and sharp textures, ideal for professional and graphic photography works and high-definition movies and games.
- 4K Ultra HD: The 2840 x 2160 resolution has four fold Full HD pixels, creating rich colors and images for viewing and editing images and graphics as if they were alive.
There are now plenty of laptops that use LED lights that can display bright colors without interrupting battery power performance.
If you want to use a laptop to watch a movie, select the IPS panel type display so your viewing angle is wider.
A glossy finish screen generally gives a darker, richer black color.
While matte display reduces glare if you often work outside or near the window.
The laptop touch screen makes navigating your computer more intuitive.
Tap to select, hold and drag to move items, swipe to scroll and pinch to zoom, as you swap on a smartphone or tablet.
Now available on many laptops using Windows operating systems and selected Chromebooks.
Check the keyboards and laptop touchpad
It does not matter if you are smart in choosing a laptop keyboard type. If you can look for an existing ergonomic feature keyboard where the work is done more comfortably, safely and effectively.
If you do a lot of work on your computer, make sure:
- The keyboard is not easily stuck when pressed repeatedly
- There is enough space between your laptop keyboard
- A good touchpad should be right and not blocked when used.
Touchpads also need to respond consistently to detect gestures like pinch-to-zoom.
Choose The Laptop Specs That Suit Your Needs
- Intel Atom: This processor can usually be found on low-cost laptops. It offers basic performance only but its battery usage is better than Cleron / Pentium.
- Intel Pentium / Celeron: The performance of this processor is only suitable for email, internet and productivity of basic tasks.
- Intel Core m3 / m5 / m7: The processor is designed for Ultraslim designers. The use of power and heat is low so that it does not require a fan. Processor performance is better than Celeron but can not match Core i3 / i5.
- Intel Core i3 / i5: The best combination of performance and price.
- Intel Core i7: Power users’ choice of choice such as gaming players (gamers), graphic designers, photographers and video players. It excels at various tasks at one time and is multimedia creation for 3D or high-definition projects.
AMD has two most common processor categories:
- FX and A-Series: Like Intel core chips, this processor includes a graphics processor built into the same chip.
- A4: Responsive performance for music, pictures and videos.
- A6: Smooth video streams and enhanced photo quality.
- A8: Improved graphics performance allows 3D games in HD.
- A10: AMD’s main chip, with quad-core speed and outstanding graphics performance.
- FX: For serious and multiplayer games.
- E-series: Equal to the Intel Celeron and Pentium processors, this chips are value-oriented with the speed and capabilities of a variety of limited tasks. Typically suited for basic computing tasks such as email, web browsing and word processing.
Random access memory or better known as RAM is important as it helps your processor handle multiple tasks at once.
At least 2GB is required for basic computing.
6GB or more is recommended if you do a lot of graphic work and edit photos or videos.
Most laptops now have 4GB – 8GB and some have up to 32GB.
If you want to increase memory then choose a laptop model that allows you to upgrade RAM.
Usually traditional hard disk drives (traditional hard disk drives) offer greater storage capacity. Examples are 500GB, 1TB and 2TB.
But there is also the disadvantage. It adds weight and thickness of the laptop while generating noisy heat and noise.
Alternatively, solid state drives (SSD- Solid State Drives) are lighter, faster, cool and quiet than normal hard drives.
But this is a bad thing. At the moment SSDs are still expensive per GB, so they usually lack storage space.
The good news, some laptops have a hybrid drive.
It is a hard drive combination with solid state disc (SSD) for both benefits.
Traditional mechanical hard disk drives are the most commonly used types.
It offers large and relatively inexpensive capacity. It comes in two standard speeds:
- Hard drives that have 5400 rpm are adequate for surfing the Web, emailing and creating documents.
- The hard disk that has 7200 rpm transfers data more quickly and can be considered if you are working with large files.
Solid state drivers, also known as SSDs, are faster than hard disk drives.
But usually offer much lower capacity.
The SSD also offers advantages in terms of:
- Physical efficiency power
- Less heat generation
- Very quiet makes it the perfect choice for ultraslim and ultralightweight laptops.
Unlike hard drives, the SSD has no moving parts for wear. Some laptops use SSD for all storage.
Other laptops dedicate smaller SSDs to deploy operating systems and applications (enabling faster start-ups) and adding traditional hard drives for common data storage.
If you do not play games, do not create 3D objects or edit high resolution videos, integrated graphics chip (integrated graphics chip) is adequate.
But otherwise, discrete graphics processors from AMD or VVidia are very important.
You need to be aware that not all laptops come with optical drives as all software and movies (video) can now be downloaded from the internet.
However, if you really want to use optical drives, you can buy portable dvd writers at computer shops or online.
Usually it uses your laptop’s USB port to work.
Ports And Connectivity
Note the following ports commonly used to connect to TVs, cameras and other devices:
- USB 2.0: Connects external drives, game controllers, smartphones, MP3 players and other accessories.
- USB 3.0: Transfer data is faster than USB 2.0, but only when used with USB 3.0 devices.
- USB Type-C: Provides versatile speed and power that displays a similarly upside-down connector (upside down) or right-side up.
- Thunderbolt: Extremely high bandwidth for fast data transfer between servers that have Thunderbolt or MiniDisplayPort connections.
- HDMI: Connect a projector or HD media display on your flat-screen TV (flat-screen).
- Media card slot: Move images from a digital camera or comcorder.
Laptop Battery Resilience
Do not take it about your laptop battery. Usually laptop batteries today can last from 6am to 12am.
Its meaning only when it’s used to make light work or surf the web instead of being used to playing games.
A Reliable Laptop Brand
According to an analysis conducted by Square Trade on 30,000 laptops based on their plans and guarantees:
For the first three years, 31% of laptop owners reported damage to SquareTrade.
Two-thirds (20.4%) of the damage are due to hardware failure.
One-third (10.6%) of the reported damage was due to his own negligence.
If you are looking for a laptop brand that offers a long warranty. Usually a laptop warranty is for 1 year. There is also a laptop warranty for 2-3 years.
Your laptop is the best if the company behind it provides after-sales technological support.
Support is part of what makes a laptop brand worth for your money.
Another factor that you need to consider is the service center location. Turn off the service center in many major cities.
This is to make it easier for you to claim guarantees of servicing if your laptop is damaged later.
Budget In Your Pocket
If your budget is RM1500, you do not have to find a laptop that costs RM3000. Look for a laptop that suits your financial capabilities.