Understanding server computers, functions, usages and server types | The term server is something that is often heard especially in the field of computers. From the following names, you may guess what the server is. As the name suggests, the server is a computer machine used to store data from a client computer. Client is a computer that requests either files, source apps such as memory usage, hard disk, printer to server computer.
COMPUTER DEFINATION SERVER
FUNCTION AND USE OF COMPUTER SERVER
1. Responsible for serving client computer requests.
2. Provide resources to use either hardware or in the form of applications that can be used on all client computers in the network.
3. Responsible for managing data traffic.
4. Can store files, data to be shared with file sharing.
5. Can set level capabilities within the network, so not all customers can open the data stored on server computers.
6. provide a database or application that can be run on all computers.
7. Protect client computers by installing firewalls or anti-malware on server computers.
THE BENEFITS OF USE OF THE COMPUTER SERVER
In terms of benefits, it is clear that server computers are needed and can save on economic costs. For example, using a server computer you can use one printer to all other users. Obviously more efficient and does not have to buy a lot of printers in one company. Not only for printers but for other sources such as memory, hard disk and others can also be used.
TYPES OF COMPUTER SERVER
The server computer consists of various types, such as local servers that are used specifically on local networks or hosting servers that we usually use on the internet.
Functions are basically the same, perhaps placement and destination are made differently according to user requirements, such as web servers, database servers, file servers, game servers, proxy servers, server printers and more.