In 1994, Ericson which telecom giant was creating Bluetooth. Wow amazing, now its already 2018! Bluetooth already old. Wehoo… >.<
- Its uses a radio technology called frequency-hopping spread spectrum. It chops up the data being sent and transmits chunks of it in the frequency range of 2,400-2,483.5 MHz. This range is the globally recognized Industrial, Scientific and Medical short-range radio frequency band.
- Bluetooth enables a secure way to connect and exchange information. The exchange are between devices such as faxes, mobile phones, telephones, laptops, personal computers, printers, Global Positioning System receivers, digital cameras, and video game consoles.
COMMUNICATION & CONNECTION
- A master Bluetooth device can communicate with a maximum of seven devices, though not all devices support this limit. At any given time, data can be transferred between the master and one other device.
- Since it is the master that chooses which slave to address, being a master is a lighter burden than being a slave. Being a master of seven slaves is possible but being a slave of more than one master is difficult.
- Bluetooth exists in many products, such as the iPod Touch, Lego Mindstorms NXT, PlayStation 3, PSP Go, telephones, the Nintendo Wii, and some high definition headsets, modems, televisions and watches.
- The technology is useful when transferring information between two or more devices that are near each other in low-bandwidth situations.
- Bluetooth is commonly used to transfer sound data with telephones or byte data with hand-held computers. Bluetooth protocols simplify the discovery and setup of services between devices. Bluetooth devices can advertise all of the services they provide.
ADVANTAGE & DISADVANTAGE